What is Emotional Freedom Techniques or EFT?
EFT or Emotional Freedom Techniques is a fusion of both old and new sciences. It is based on the discovery that imbalances in your body’s energy system have profound effects on your personal psychology. Correcting these imbalances is done by tapping on meridian points or acupuncture points, with your fingers, whilst thinking about the issue to be resolved.
What can Emotional Freedom Techniques be used for?
The range of problems or possibilities that EFT / Emotional Freedom Techniques can be applied to are endless. A famous saying in EFT is “Try it on everything….”
The meaning behind this is based on the understanding that EFT is both very safe and easy to use and the worst that could happen is that you do not feel any shift in the problem (there is often a deeper reason for this)
EFT has been used successfully by thousands of people to treat an almost limitless variety of both physical and emotional issues and problems. Here are just some of them;
|Grief and loss||Pain management|
|Fears and phobias||Guilt|
|Traumatic memories||Physical conditions|
Is Emotional Freedom Techniques Safe?
EFT is completely safe and there are no known negative side effects. There will be certain situations that a well qualified therapist will be able to handle better than a lay person which includes:
- What to do in situations of heightened emotion
- What to do when the problem seems to become more intense
- How to identify when an issue has totally cleared.
Does Emotional Freedom Techniques / EFT have and side effects?
Because of it’s gentle nature EFT rarely has any side effects and is often used with or instead of other procedures for just this reason. The only real side effects are good ones, where healing one problem will often heal another spontaneously. In my experience you will feel very relaxed and yet energised after an EFT session. Some tiredness may occur but this is quite natural, especially if there has been a release of strong emotions.
WHAT IF IT IS TOO PAINFUL FOR ME TO TALK ABOUT MY PROBLEM?
There is no need for you to talk about your problem if you do not want to or if you don‘t feel you can. There are specific ways of doing EFT that can be applied in these situations. The fact that I can treat even the most traumatic issues painlessly and still achieve relief without any details being discussed, in my opinion, is one of the greatest benefits of EFT.
WHY USE EFT RATHER THEN A DIFFERENT FORM OF THERAPY?
- EFT often works where all else has failed.
- EFT can get to the root of the problem very quickly.
- EFT is simple to use, easy to learn and you can do it on yourself, which you will find useful to assist you in times of need.
- EFT is safe.
- EFT can be done via the telephone, which means your geographic location ceases to be a problem, and also that a therapist can assist in an emergency situation, such as a panic attack, immediately.
ARE THE RESULTS LONG LASTING?
Results are almost always long lasting. If a given emotional problem does appear to “come back,” however, this could be for one of the following reasons
- What has “come back” is simply a related issue (aspect) that wasn’t addressed in the first place.
- The original problem was addressed too generally and only partially dealt with.
- The cause of the problem is due to a physical sensitivity to something (an energy toxin).
- Physical healings are often impressive and long lasting as well but are more likely to re-emerge. Often a physical ailment (headache, backache, stomach upset, etc.) acts as a physical manifestation of an emotional issue. I see consistent evidence of this. So, what appears to “come back” is simply the same physical ailment reacting to a different emotional issue.
WHAT HAPPENS IF EFT IS NOT WORKING WHEN I‘M DOING IT ON MY OWN?
- Try saying the wording with greater emphasis.
- Deal with one issue at a time.
- Be specific about what the problem is.
- Drink some water. Dehydration can affect your results.
- Contact an experienced practitioner for guidance.
IS EFT SIMPLY A DISTRACTION FROM THE PROBLEM?
No! EFT may appear to be distracting but it will not work if you are, in fact, distracted. That is why you continually repeat a reminder phrase which tunes you in to the problem.
HOW IS EFT APPLIED?
EFT is applied by tapping on certain meridian points with your fingers to clear the energy disruptions in the body’s energy system and using carefully formed affirmations and phrases to focus your mind on the problem.
HOW MANY SESSIONS WILL I NEED?
Because we are all different and have different problems and emotions it is very difficult to say exactly how many sessions you will need. It will usually take longer to heal deep rooted and complex problems, but you will begin to see good results during your first session.
I AM REALLY SCEPTICAL ABOUT ALL THIS, WILL EFT STILL WORK FOR ME?
Absolutely! You don’t have to believe that EFT will work or have any understanding of the science behind it to see results. The fact is just because you don’t believe in something or understand it doesn’t mean it won’t work.
WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY YOU IF I CAN DO IT ON MYSELF?
It’s your choice. But if I were in your shoes I would, here’s why. I will be able to navigate you through problems and situations and arrive at core issues that once dealt with, will lead to the releasing of negative emotions. You may not take yourself in to areas which feel uncomfortable and I will provide you with the safe environment for this to take place.